Wednesday, March 19, 2008

"Adik Umur Berape?"

Sup. Yep yep yep. It's that time of the year again where you get to go back for a week to 'take a break' from all the uni stress. Honestly, I'd call this one week 'holiday' as study week. haha.

Okay anyway, about two weeks ago, I had a conversation with a small kid. In case you're wondering, it's a he. I'm guessing he should be around 3 or 4 or 5 maybe? Although he said he was one year old when I asked him how old he was. Seriously, can a one year old talk fluently like us? Yeah? You think so? Well, Einstein maybe but not me.

Okay, you guys know those tatami jigsaw mats they use sometimes in a gym or for martial arts? If you don't, they look something like this.

[These are called the tatami jigsaw mats. To me it's kinda 'colorful']

[These are how the edges of each tatami looks like when not connected with one another. And they kinda remind me of playdough or some kid's toys.]

I was nearby a lorry, helping out my friends with the tatami when this short (yes. I know. I'm short too) curly-haired kid asked me (well, I kinda talked to the kid first coz I was bored as hell. =p). For your info, some of the tatami mats were still stacked up inside the lorry where the the kid's eyes were glued at.
"Akak, akak nak letak ni dekat mane?"
"Hah? Oh nak simpan dekat dalam."
"Simpan? Kat mane?"
"Oh. Simpan kat mane? *raising eyebrow and grinning* simpan... dekat dalam stor sane la"
"Kenape nak simpan?"
"Uh... Sebab dah gune dah. Kena la simpan. Nanti orang lain boleh pakai."
"Hah? Sape nak pakai?"
"Sape sape la."
"Pakai untuk ape?"
"Uh... untuk... erm.... *scratching my head searching for inspiration* gune untuk alas. Orang nak duduk ke, jalan ke..."

Okay so that conversation kinda went on for quite awhile coz the kid kinda asked the same ol' questions over and over again till I broke the loop by asking him,
"Kenape? Fariz nak main eh?"
Surprisingly enough (not really. I was expecting this actually), he nodded and grinned, showing his not-so-pretty teeth while swaying from side to side. I was like, can I pull your hair? Nah, kidding. I'm not that mean. Anyway, after he nodded, he told me those mats looked like his toys at home except that his toys are of smaller size. haha. DUH!!
As annoying as he could be, I have to admit, I would be just as curious as he was at that age, at that time. Gosh. Can't imagine how it would be like if I have children like that in the future. Arghh!! Just thinking about that gives me the creeps. You know, the part that almost made me wanna smack the kid was that he kept asking questions. And not questions that you can answer. Those kinda questions where you just wanna say, "how am I suppose to know. Ask the dog la." Okay. Maybe that was too mean. Okay maybe questions like, "Hey, why do you walk?" or "Hey why do wear a shirt?" or "Why do you have two eyes?" or something like that. Kid, bless you.

I just thought of something. Shit. Maybe I was like that kid when I was small. *gasp* I truly hope NOT.

0 comments: